My Stealth Cam G4 2NG review will show you why this is such a sought-after trail camera.
First, some background. Stealth Cam produces excellent game cameras. It was in 2000 that GSM launched Stealth Cam for wildlife surveillance. Users love the simple, clean designs, the useful features and the affordability of Stealthcam trail cameras.
The Stealth Cam G42NG exhibits excellent low-light performance for an extended nighttime range. This is because of the 42 Black IR emitters built-in.
Don’t take my word for it. Read reviews of Stealthcam G4 2NG at Amazon to see how hunters praise the camera’s performance.
This no-glow trail game camera from Stealth Cam is a good pick for budget-conscious users. And its impressive features should convince even the most cautious buyer:
- The Stealth Cam G42NG uses Multi-Zone detection that allows accurate coverage.
- Its emitters allow a 100-foot visibility range so animals aren’t going to get spooked by this camera.
- Operating on 8 AA lithium cameras, the unobtrusive casing works well indoors and out.
- It’s not 100% weather resistant but it can still cope with some pretty rough weather.
- There are 4 resolution settings – 10MP, 8MP, 4MP, and 2MP – and you can customize the camera to suit your unique needs.
- Daytime pictures are vividly clear and you can zoom in on your photos.
- The camera comes with a matrix feature that helps with reducing blurring with images.
- There are also two options for video resolution – 1280×720 and 720×480.
More Great Features of the Stealth Cam G42NG
- Geo-Tagging is a useful feature so you can see all details included in the photos. The feature gives you an idea about the area the animal is in that you are observing. It makes it easier to review the shots to know about the time, date, and temperature.
- Trigger speed is 5 seconds. It comes with what is known as the Triad system. It lets you take HD video, still images, and time-lapse shots.
- There is an external jack for a 12-volt battery. This is useful as you can extend the power of the unit.
- The max SD card usable is 32GB.
- Because of the Quick Set slider, you can have the camera up and running in no time.
- For mounting, the case is durable and can be mounted making use of the strap that comes with the camera.
If you’re looking for a good trail camera, you can’t go wrong with the Stealth Cam G42NG. True, it’s not the most powerful camera, but then look at the price.
It’s not the be-all and end-all of trail cameras. However, when you compare it with other similar cameras in the market, you can buy this camera with confidence.