For anyone new to the sport, finding the best trail camera for deer tracking is important and the Tasco 8 MP Megapixel Game Trail Camera is an excellent choice.
The Tasco is perfect for anyone on a limited budget who wants to track deer with a trail camera. To live up to its reputation as a value-for-money trail camera, it is durable in any weather conditions. It’s a robust camera made with solid plastic that stands up well to all kinds of weather conditions.
A possible disadvantage is that you can only adjust the time to military time, and for many people, they don’t want to be bothered about understanding how military time works.
- The camera has a maximum shooting distance of 50 feet and will give you color images for daytime and nighttime black and white images.
- The photos it captures come with useful details such as the time and date as well as the temperature.
- The trigger is activated quickly when there is a movement within 25 feet. The trail camera comes with an 8-megapixel sensor that processes images for a resolution of 14 megapixels for still images.
- If you consider the price, the image quality is comparatively better than many similar models. The low glow camera is also slim, making it easy to install anywhere really. In fact, it can be described as a small camera with dimensions being height 5-7/16 inches and a width of 3-1/2 inches.
- Its dark olive camouflage ensures it remains hidden from its position against a tree. To attach it to a tree, the trail camera comes with molded attachment points which allow you to attach it to a tree making use of a strap that is included for you.
- It runs on 8 AA batteries but unfortunately doesn’t have a battery meter.
- It uses standard SD cards, and these are sold separately.
- With the Tasco 8MP, you get a small 2.4-inch screen with good resolution to view images or set up the camera settings. This means that you can use it as a digital camera to take videos or photos manually.
Not only is this a budget-friendly trail camera that is easy to use and with some useful features, but it is also easy to program. making it the best trail camera for deer hunting in my view – particularly for a beginner.